Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Boo!

You scowl and project an aura -- dark
You brood, you growl you bark
You bring your pointed teeth to bare
To do what? Was your intent to scare?

You have no idea what it means to fear
It's less about blood and more about tears
No calculation can distill fright
No pigment black can rival night

Will you care to know me my world without colour
Will you know my mind, my horrors
I give fair warning and wish you to see
That my mind is not a good place to be

You pretend and pose to be some kind of devil
Naive little worm, you know not of evil
Do you see now,will you try again, will you dare?
Before me, your trite acting cannot compare

Your demeanor is but Wonderland's Alice
But I am beyond the Jaberwocky's malice
That's it runaway, show your cowardice true
Go before you hurt yourself ---Boo!

Keats
23 November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment