Sunday, February 16, 2014

Apart


Between three walls of stone and three of wood

I find myself alone with out you
But yet hope lies in this moonlit night
With winter's chill in the air
Because though your presence is not before me
Somehow I feel you there

This thing I hold in my hand and lean my head against
Is my only link,my mystic chain, my thread by which I feel connected
I speak, and as if by magic you hear me and I hear you
And though your hand I hold not in mine
Know at least my heart is thine

I wish I have your face before me now rather than my reflection
But I see I 'd rather have you here in my arms
I'd rather have you here with me

No flowers I have for you
Pauper that I am
No sweets or trinkets for which I should have saved
But yet I know despite this empty purse
The treasure which is you, I save
I wish, (and if I may have my wish)
I wish to rectify
This thing before my eyes
I hope upon the next feast of hearts that comes
That I, can do more than oohhs and uhms.

I wish my mouth was close to your ear
To let you hear
Not just hear
But feel the words that leave my mouth
But here is all that we have
For the moment
And, I'm here away
A bit down south
Fret not my love I labour
To make things go our way
Our challenge, thoughts and arms not waver
Until you're here and I'm there-- To stay


Keats
14 February 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment