Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Betty

When gamma rage needs fulfilling
When adrenaline through the veins are coursing
No flight just fight
No right just might
There’s no choice in what I do
When my skin takes a verdant hue

No reasoning with the beast
I will not cease or desist
Destruction is my call
I would destroy it all

To try and stop me is obvious folly
Not with bullets nor gas nor cannon volley
Go on and leave me be as I muck about
Let the anger take its course and the rage burn out
When the wrath subsides my strength will leave me
When the monster leaves then you can kill me
Avert the rampage yet to come
Or I return as Armageddon, your kingdom come

Neither bombs nor armies can hope to stop me
Not reason, nor diplomacy
Nor shall guile and cunning, can stop you from running
Neither gambits nor bribery

Only beauty, real beauty will pacify
Only Betty dear Betty can clarify
The troubled mind the stirring heart
Her face shall be my sleeping dart
Her gentle voice stops my fists
And I do crumple with her kiss
I cannot hurt her and I know not why
She makes the raging monster cry
That titan, that monster that brutish Hulk
Is made to stop and sit and sulk
My gentle Betty just lets me be
And succeeds to bring out the man in me

Keats
11 September 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment