Monday, October 8, 2012

It Begins

When care becomes a chain
When love becomes a pain
When everything I am has become not me
When life through another's eyes you see
You lose perspective you lose sight
You lose self in another light
Every choice requires approval
Every failure a removal

I'll have no more of the bejeweled shackle
Remove this gold from my ankle
Remove this ring from my finger
I am yours no longer

Today I celebrate the return of mirth
It is no longer by you that I measure my worth.
I am a genie from the lamp wished free
I'm a celebrant and my surprise I now see
So many possibilities and so much time
So many pleasures and they're now all mine
I barely remember when all I wanted was you forever.
This is now and it is so much better.

Keats
05 October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment