Monday, April 11, 2011

Resurface

For far too long I lay out here afloat
A tragic survivor if survivor I be of an ill fated boat
Rations gone, strength has ebbed and hope has drained away
Laid bare on this tiny craft day by bloody day

The elements know not my suffring nor my fate
Or maybe they do for daily they worsen my state
The waves dizzy me, the sun he bakes me the wind chills my core
But from then to now to when I die more pain they have in store

Countless times I pass into sleep each one could be my last
Amidst the sun the wind and waves my doom approaches fast
And so by fates connivance, wind and sea end my defiance
No will or strength left to call, against the fury of the squall

Tossed too and fro is not what happened
-- more like thrown and dashed
One furious capsized my hope
And made splinters of my boat

Under the waves I gasp for air but breathe the sea instead
And it was the icy water that seared pain in my head
With one more stroke I break the water I finally resurface
And one more wave threw me to shore and returned me to my place

I live.

Keats
11 April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment